My Lovely Followers

Monday 8 August 2016

Latest Art Journal Pages

 I created the background for this one with a brayer and acrylic paint in a couple of shades of blue.  I used stencils by Andy Skinner.  The skull and flowers are by Sheena Douglass, and the stamping round the edge is by Ryn.
 I am entering this one into the present challenge on That's Crafty where the theme is 'Zesty Zing'. The background for this one was created with baby wipes that I'd used to mop up inks and paints.  I thought it looked pretty, so let it dry out and just tore it up and stuck it down.  Then I went over that with a stencil I made from a die and added a bit of stamping in black.  The wording is a stamp that was a freebie a while ago, it's all one stamp, I just cut it up after stamping.  The main image is a stamp by Julie Nutting, coloured with Distress Inks on a separate piece of card and attached with mod podge. The bubbles are just cut circles on a spare piece of card, coloured with Gelatos and cut out.
 I got the idea for this one from Pinterest.  I've had the post card stamps for years and never known what to do with it..... so when I saw one similar on Pinterest, I just had to give it a go.  The background was done with Distress Inks, I stamped and masked the postcards, the sentiment was generated on the computer.
The background was made with my fingers and acrylic paint.  I used texture paste through a stencil for the tree and coloured it with Distress Inks when it was dry.  I used a couple of tops dipped into white acrylic pain for the circles, the bubbles are a stamp, can't remember who by, and the butterflies are die cuts coloured with Distress Inks.  The working was done with Dyan Reaveley stamps.

No comments: