My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Sheena Stamps

I recently bought some of Sheena Douglass's new stamps and a couple of other goodies that she demo'd on TV,  and have finally had a lovely play with them.  I think I may be slightly addicted to the Rose...... lol, I love it!
Here's what I've been doing.....
First of all, a couple of tags.
 I've been messing with inks lately and this is a tag I sprayed with Dylusions ink, and splashed with water to create the white dots.  I then stamped the rose with Versafine then I went over that with gilding paste which I then dragged in a little with a damp paintbrush, this creates an embroidery look. Once it was clear, it stays sticky for a long time, I went over it all with foil.   This technique is called  Brush Embroidery, which I used to do when I made wedding cakes, so it was nice to try it again.  I also used the liquid gilding paste around the edges, applied with a sponge, and added foil to that too, it gives a lovely distressed look and very subtle.  I finished off stamping and heat embossing the sentiment.
For this one, I went looking in my file of backgrounds and came across this one which was made with Brushos.  All I did was stamp the rose onto it then cut it out.  I cut a tag from Kraft Card and attached ripped pieces of a book page, finished off with some Distress Ink around the edges and added the word.
 I stamped onto water colour card for this one, and used water colour paints to add the colour.  Then blended some Distress Ink around the image and added the stamping with another stamp by Sheena.
Last one.......  This was another background I found in my file, which was made with Brushos and blown around a bit using the Tim Holtz air spritzer.  I stamped and heat embossed the rose, then used Brushos to add the colour.  I added water, a section at a time, then sprinkled Brushos onto the wet and let it do it's thing, just easing colour into the little crooks and crannies with a paintbrush.
Thanks for looking.
xx

No comments: