My Lovely Followers

Sunday 20 March 2016

Sugar Skulls

I think I've got a serious addiction to the new stamps by Sheena Douglass, Day of the Dead. When I first saw them, I honestly thought oh they're nice, but not my thing........ well the more I saw the work by Sheena's DT, the more I liked them, in the end I just couldn't resist and ordered the lot!  I've liked Sugar Skulls for a long time.
This is what I've been making over the last couple of days.
I cut and made this shadow box a few months ago using my cameo, but then changed my mind on what I was going to do with it.  So it's just been sat around looking very boring and sad as plain white cardstock. Well once these stamps and dies arrived, I knew just what to do with the shadow box.  I started by giving it a coat of black Gesso.  Then I made the back panels, coated them with Gesso too and when dry ran it though one of Sheena's embossing folders and gave them a covering of Gilding wax, then attached them to the box and left it to dry.
Next I started on the skulls, for these all the stamps are from the same collection and all are painted with Aquatints.  I then die cut the corners and coated them with the Gilding Wax, the box also got the same treatment.... lol.  I love the 3 colours of was together.  I attached the skull with gel glue so that they are raised, then added the corners.
Now I'm looking for space to hang it in my craft room..... 
Thanks for looking!
xx

No comments: