My Lovely Followers

Monday 7 March 2016

Lotus Blossoms

I really love these layering flower stamps.  These are  Lotus Blossoms from Stampin Up (not sure if they're still available as I bought them from a selling group on Facebook),
For this one I used one shade of Memento Ink for the flowers, Teal Zeal, though it does look more blue in the pic.  I stamped the first stamp (darkest), straight from the stamp, for the second step I  inked up the stamp and stamped first onto scrap paper then stamped over the first image, for the 3rd layer I inked up and stamped twice onto scrap paper then stamped over the other 2 image.  The stems were stamped with Memento Cottage Ivy.  The mason jar is from a stamp set by Inkadinkadoo and stmped in Memento London Fog.  I pierced round the edge to finish off.
For this one, I stamped the first stamp straight from the pad using Memento Love Letter, then for the 2nd stage, inked up the stamp and stamped onto scrap paper first, then stamped over the first image.  The white layer was created by stamping the 3rd stamp with Versamark and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The background was done with Distress Inks, blended, in Broken China and Mowed Lawn.  The clear embossing powder acts as a resist, so any ink just wipes of that part of the image. I then splashed water over it and dabbed off leaving white speckles.  Finished off with a bit of the Bokeh technique.  I got the inspiration for this one from Google.
Thanks for looking.
xx

No comments: