My Lovely Followers

Friday 25 March 2016

Forever Yours by Sheena

I love this stamp, but it took me 3 times to colour and be happy with the end result...... lol.
I tried colouring this image with Distress Inks, but couldn't get a result I was happy with.  So I dusted off my ProMarkers, they've been very neglected for quite a long time now as I very rarely colour an image anymore.  Anyway, they came up trumps, as always..... lol.   For the background I spritzed a piece of cardstock with water, then scrunched it all up until I was happy with all the wrinkles and creases.  Once it was dry, I spritzed the cardstock with various ink sprays, sorry I don't have the colours but they're a mix of Cosmic Shimmers and Dylusions.  Once I had the effect I wanted I dried it off with the heat gun then spritzed again, but with just plain water with a bit of mica powder added, to give it a pearly sheen.  Once it was all dry, I ironed it as flat as possible. The flowers are cut with Sheena's dies  from the Day Of The Dead collection, stamped over then with the matching stamps, then added some silver Gilding Wax (Pebeo)  The leaves were cut with a Sue Wilson die, then it was all mounted onto a canvass, which I have coated with black Gesso and rubbed some silver Gilding Wax over.
Thanks for looking.
xx

No comments: