My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 7 May 2014

GDT for Chocolate Baroque

A couple of months ago I applied for a DT position at Chocolate Baroque, their stamps are just fab.  You can see all the great stamps available HERE. As expected they had lots of applicants and obviously can't take everyone on board.  So those that were shortlisted were asked to be a GDT for them.  I was thrilled to bits when Glenda emailed me to tell me this.  Anyway this is the card I made for the GDT spot.

The stamps I used are called October Fairy.  I just had to have these stamps since I'm an October baby!


I'm just so sorry that I couldn't get a better photo, acetate is a nightmare to get a good picture of.....  Below is the tutorial on how I made this card.  Any questions please feel free to email me.

Materials used.
Acetate
Double sided adhesive sheet
Gilding Flakes
October Fairy Stamp
Black ink pad
6x6 square card blank
Card for matt and layering

1.  Cut a piece of double sided adhesive sheet a little bigger than the stamp you'll be using and peel away one side of the protective backing and stamp your image onto the sticky side. You can stamp onto the acetate if you prefer, but I prefer to stamp onto the sticky side of the sheet as there's less chance of slipping with the stamp.

2.  Place your acetate over the adhesive sheet and over the stamped image,  press it down firmly and trim to required size.

3.  Peel away the other side of the protective backing on the double sided adhesive sheet and cover with gilding flakes.  Gently rub off the excess flakes .  Your topper is now ready to add to your card.

4.  Take the card blank and cut your matt and layering card to the required sizes.


5.  Stamp and heat emboss the left hand side using another of the stamps from the set.  Add the acetate topper and you're done. 

3 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

congratulations on your GDT well desirved stunning card Ginny x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Congrats for your DT,
this card is stunning
hugs Tamara

Karen Petitt said...

Just popped over from CB after seeing your beautiful card!
Congrats on making the short list and for being a Guest DT!
Your card is beautiful, thank you for sharing it and how you made it Karen x