My Lovely Followers

Sunday 8 August 2010

Craft Mad & Loving It! Challenge #4

This week over on Craft Mad & Loving It! we've got Cherry as GDT and she's provided a lovely sketch for everyone to work with and her twist is to have a go at making your own backing papers.
Here's Cherry's sketchAnd here's my DT card.For my backing paper, I crumpled a piece of paper up a couple of times, flattened it out then rubbed over it with a distress ink, then I ironed it out. The image is one of the new Christmas stamps from Lili of the Valley, and she's coloured with ProMarkers. The snowflakes were cut using a spellbinders die.

5 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Karen,
this card is beautiful. Great colours and wonderful image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Unknown said...

Wow Karen this is beautiful , I was going to ask where did you get the paper until I read it, stunning card.
Chris x

Craftyrose said...

Gorgeous card Karen and I just love the image she is adorable. xxxx

Karen Howard said...

Wow, Karen... this is really pretty! I love the crumpled paper idea, thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Karen. The backing paper you made looks so effective with that image (which I love btw)
Julie x