My Lovely Followers

Friday 25 September 2009

Birthday Cards for my 2 Sisters

It's both of my sisters birthdays in the next 2 weeks, one 30th September and the other on the 9th October, (and mine inbetween on the 1st October.... lol) so I thought I'd do their cards at the same time, since I've got so many Christmas cards to make.
For the first card, I used a digi download from Willow Designs. As my sister is an avid knitter and has her own wool shop in the town, I thought Knitting Winnie was perfect to use for her.
Here's a close up of the flowers which I made up myself using punches and die cuts. I came across the instructions for the Roses on the internet and just added the other petals to fill the Rose out a bit.For this card I used the Alphabet and sentiment stamps from Dimension Fourth, and give the capital letter a coating of glossy accents. This card is plainer than the other one because this sister isn't the fussy type IUKWIM...... lolI made the flower using various punches, I also made the bead dangler from beads in my stash.

2 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Ooh Karen this is gorgeous. I do love that rose xxx

Julie said...

Gorgeous cards karen, and your flowers are fab.
Julie x